Horace, the adorable platformer, is getting a physical release by Super Rare Games (check out our glowing review here). With only 4000 print copies available, you’ll need to act fast to get yourself a copy. The game goes on sale January 27 at 6pm GMT (10am PT/1pm ET) and will be available worldwide exclusively at superraregames.com.
The physical release will include all the current content, along with a full-color manual, artwork, an exclusive sticker, and trading cards.
Earlier this week, Super Rare Games announced their new publishing label with Super Rare Originals. You can read more about that announcement.
More information about Horace can be found below, from Super Rare’s press release:
An ode to the 8 and 16-bit era gaming, Horace is a classic platformer filled with quirky and nostalgic pop culture references and tricky 2D platforming challenges. This masterpiece from Paul Helman and Sean Scaplehorn tells the emotional tale of a small robot on a journey of self-discovery. A game made by videogame lovers for videogame lovers!
- Charming single-player narrative – Laugh, cry and cheer! Watch this touching story unfold.
- Weird and wonderful characters – Bond with every character you meet and find Horace’s family.
- Stunning 2D pixel worlds – Inspired by the ‘golden age’ of UK software development with hidden surprises to be found.
- Tough boss battles – Hone your skills and take on 12 thrilling and difficult boss battles.
- Challenging platforming-based puzzles – Gain new abilities on your adventure and defy the laws of physics to overcome all obstacles.
- Tons of variety – Not limited to classic platforming, experience tons of retro-inspired minigames from the 90s ranging from rhythm action to FPS.