Welcome to another round of eShop releases! This week’s highlights include XEL and Endling in terms of new games, along with a host of retro inclusions on the Switch’s online library.
XEL is a 3D action-adventure in which our protaganist is shipwrecked without her memory. Your task is to unravel those lost memories by weilding a sword and shield, and solving puzzles. Meanwhile, Endling is about the end of the world as seen through the eyes of a mother fox. It’s a 3D side-scrolling platformer about survival and stealth, and laucnes July 19.
The N64’s Pokémon Puzzle League is the first of the retro releases, in which you join our animated heroes Ash, Brock, and Misty to become the Pokémon Puzzle Master. There’s also a handful of Genesis games making their Switch debut, including Mega Man: The Wily Wars, Comix Zone, Zero Wing, and Target Earth. That’s a lot of retro love, and we’d love to know which of these is your favorite.
There’s also the usual discounts, a Pikmin Bloom special, and plenty more games to discover. Check out the full list of releases below and let us know which games you’ll be playing this weekend.
Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack
- Pokémon Puzzle League – Get ready for a Pokémon battle when the Nintendo 64 puzzle game, Pokémon Puzzle League, fills up your Nintendo Switch screen as an addition to the Nintendo 64 – Nintendo Switch Online library. Join Ash, Brock, Misty and many more characters from the Pokémon animated series as they gather in Puzzle Village to compete for the title of Pokémon Puzzle Master. Just match three or more blocks of the same color in any direction. It may sound simple, but the gameplay is surprisingly deep, especially when you’re facing off against a human opponent, in person or online! Choose from six different modes offering a wide range of action, from story or puzzle modes to continuous play or timed play. Pokémon Puzzle League will be available starting July 15 for players with a Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack membership.
- MEGA MAN: THE WILY WARS – MEGA MAN: THE WILY WARS features the first three games in the renowned Mega Man series, compiled for the SEGA Genesis! Beat all three games to unlock Wily Tower, where you can challenge a new boss.
- Comix Zone – In Comix Zone, experience an action game in a setting based on American comics. A comic artist finds himself lost in the Comix Zone, and must battle his way through panels of mutants to escape it!
- Zero Wing – This side-scrolling classic was made by Toaplan, a developer of popular arcade games. You have three types of weapons to choose from: Valcan shots, lasers and homing missiles, all of which can be used in the fight against each stage’s boss. Capture items and enemies with the Prisoner Beam, and use them as shields or as weapons!
- Target Earth – This game won many fans for its exhilarating mix of mech-suit platforming and action. Earn equipment based on your performance in each stage, and customize your loadout for eight different levels.
- Endling – Extinction is Forever – As the last mother fox, you’ll need to keep your three cubs alive and lead them to safety in a world ravaged by humanity. In this 3D side-scrolling game blending stealth, survival and adventure, you’ll make your way through devastated environments to reach the one place on Earth where humans can’t hurt you. In the end, how many of your cubs survive the perilous journey is up to you. Endling – Extinction is Forever launches July 19.
- XEL – Play as Reid, shipwrecked on the strange world of XEL in this 3D action-adventure set in a sci-fi fantasy setting. Without any recollection of her former life, it is up to you to unravel Reid’s past and her connection to XEL. Ready your sword and shield as you explore the overworld of XEL and dive into imposing dungeons full of unforeseen threats and challenging puzzles. Throughout your journey you will make new friends and foes, find new gadgets, as well as jump through time and space. As Reid delves deeper into the mysteries surrounding XEL, she discovers an endless cycle of peril. Will she be able to break free from it, and what will it take?
- Walk On and Game On With Pikmin Bloom – Starting today, the latest version of the Pikmin Bloom mobile app introduces a flourishing garden’s worth of new features to help enhance the fun of your daily walks! With new weekly Flower Planting Challenges, you can team up with friends and work together toward a shared goal of planting flowers. Additionally, all users who join a weekly Flower Planting Challenge and complete it by the end of the day (local time) on July 24 can receive an in-app “Flower” T-shirt (one per player). Looking for a unique way to reconnect with friends, no matter where they are? You might like the new invite friend feature for Weekly Challenges – it makes it easier for your in-app friends to join you! For more details on the newest Pikmin Bloom updates, visit https://pikminbloom.com/en/news/0711/.
Nintendo eShop sales
Also new this week